The Nike Women’s Marathon is this weekend… here is a sneak peak at what is going on downtown.
For those of you unfamiliar with NWM, here is the quick 411:
- 25,000 Runners, majority of them women — but not all.
- Raises funds and awareness for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Finisher’s receive a Tiffany & Co. necklace
- It gets placed around your neck by a firefighter in a Tuxedo — yep.
A three-day Expotique in Union Square (across from NikeTown) complete with:
- Plenty of Nike and Nike + Demos
- Interactive Gait Analysis
- Hairstyling Salon
- Skincare Consultations
- Listening Lounge and Massage Chairs
- Yurbuds Wii Dance-Off
And here is a sneak-peak brought to you by your favorite San Francisco runner, right?
There you have it… didn’t want to spoil everything, so I left the inside the massive amounts of Nike running gear as a surprise. Let’s just say the first two floors are dedicated to women and the sport of running.
Does this post totally make you want to run the race?