Nike Women’s Marathon: Sneak Peek
October 9, 2012 by
Ad featuring Kara Goucher in the back of the San Francisco Chronicle
The Nike Women’s Marathon is this weekend… here is a sneak peak at what is going on downtown.
For those of you unfamiliar with NWM, here is the quick 411:
- 25,000 Runners, majority of them women — but not all.
- Raises funds and awareness for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Finisher’s receive a Tiffany & Co. necklace
- It gets placed around your neck by a firefighter in a Tuxedo — yep.
A three-day Expotique in Union Square (across from NikeTown) complete with:
- Plenty of Nike and Nike + Demos
- Interactive Gait Analysis
- Hairstyling Salon
- Skincare Consultations
- Listening Lounge and Massage Chairs
- Yurbuds Wii Dance-Off
And here is a sneak-peak brought to you by your favorite San Francisco runner, right?
Outside wall of NikeTown featuring the name of EVERY SINGLE runner.
See! Can you spot anyone you know? Perhaps someone otherwise known as @StuftMama — You can click to enlarge.
Nike signage is pretty cool… the (other) outside store front.
Here is where you will be running… looks easy, right?
The escalator leading you to the promise land…
There you have it… didn’t want to spoil everything, so I left the inside the massive amounts of Nike running gear as a surprise. Let’s just say the first two floors are dedicated to women and the sport of running.
Does this post totally make you want to run the race?